Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Friday 12 December 2008

Christmas Church Birdhouse


Hello everyone!
Don't you just love birdhouses? I have quite a few birdhouses, including churches and I thought I would take one and use it in a centerpiece. I was tempted to hang a little wreath over the door but that would have spoiled the beautiful detail. This one is particularly cute because of the detail on it and the glass knob. Hope you enjoy!






































































I am looking forward to going on the Christmas House Tour this evening with my wonderful hubby. One of the houses we will be touring is Carolyn's home at Aiken House and Gardens. While I'm there, I'll be thinking of all of you wishing you could be there too. Have a lovely day everyone!

7 comments :

  1. That little church is just adorable. AND tonight...at the house tour, you and Carolyn give each other a huge hug and tell each other it is from me! OK? How 'bout that? ! xo rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love white and love birdhouses. I do plan to feature my Hubby's birdhouses in a future post. Thanks for the display ideas.
    Christmas hugs,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi,
    Love your church birdhouse!
    Did you enjoy all the homes on the tour last night? I love Debbies house.Busy night!!
    Take care ,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the birdhouse and so wish I could tour with you!! Have tons of fun for all of us!

    blessings
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be able to tour Carolyn's home too!
    Your white church birdhouse is so nice...the detail is indeed lovely. I also like the scrolly piece in the background.
    Your home is looking so festive
    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this birdhouse and I like the way you have displayed it. I just noticed my wife (Charlotte) mentioned she is going to be posting my birdhouses. I guess she has pictures because I have given most of them away. I just now looked up and I see two small ones sitting on a bookcase across the room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea. I hadn't thought of using my birdhouses to decorate for Christmas.
    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.