Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Friday 10 December 2010

Pink Saturday

Hello pinkie friends~ Welcome to my Pink Saturday post.

First of all I want to thank Beverly ~ http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/
for hosting this fun event.

Before I share my favourite holiday movie, I would like to share a photo of a precious little pink bundle who arrived way ahead of her due date which was on Christmas Eve.

Jenna-Lynn was born last Saturday afternoon, December 4, to my middle son Joel and his wife Carina. Jenna-Lynn is a baby sister for Zachary and our first granddaughter. We are so pleased!


Now on to my favourite holiday movie! I have several favourites actually and if one of them is on, I am just as excited to sit down and watch it as I am the others.


The 1946 movie, "It's A Wonderful Life," tells the story of an angel who helps a compassionate but despairingly frustrated businessman by showing what life would have been like had he never existed. James Stewart, Donna Reed, and Lionel Barrymore stared in this poignant film which I feel teaches a great lesson. The film won five Oscars.


Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a wonderful weekend. Merry Christmas!

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

27 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi,

    What a pretty little pink gift your family received. She is beautiful!!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new granddaughter. She is precious.
    Happy Pink Saturday,
    ~Marilee

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is super cute, pink baby, wow, a delicious pink post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That precious little one is the best Christmas gift anyone could ever ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my I just adore your sweet cuddly baby doll! It's a Wonderful Life is also my favorite movie!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your precious granddaughter is beautiful! What an awesome blessing! I happen to LOVE "It's a Wonderful Life" too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Children are the best gifts we can receive from above.

    Merry Christmas and thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best pink around - the cheeks of a newborn. Congrats, she is precious. You couldn't ask for a better Christmas gift.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Sandi, she is absolutely beautiful! Such a fun Christmas y'all are gonna have!!

    Happy PINK SATURDAY!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely little pinkie Jenna_Lynn is. Congratulations.

    Loved your movie choice too. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! There is nothing I love more than a pink little bundle! I love newborns they are so sweet and so fresh from God. What a cutie.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandi: She is beautiful, just perfect. I am so happy for you. What a wonderful Christmas gift God gave you! Give a kiss for me. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the new addition to your family! My guess is there will be a lot of pink buying in grandma's future! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi,
    Congratulations on your beautiful new granddaughter! She is adorable and looks so pretty in pink!
    Your going to love having a little granddaughter to buy for. I know I do, the little girl clothes are just so adorable!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aaah, congratulations! She is beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sandi,

    Congratulations on the newest member of the pink family!

    Hope you are enjoying this holiday season.

    Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet little peach! Congratulations!!! Christie

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is soo precious! What an awesome blessing!

    Hugs'
    catlyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. The best pink bundle anyone could receive!
    Enjoy your Holiday season!!
    Smiles~
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know your family will especially enjoy this Christmas. She is beautiful. I hope you are having a great weekend and enjoying Pink Saturday. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your sweet new grandbaby is the greatest gift. I see this movie is many peeps fave.
    Blessings~~
    Gwenny

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your pink bundle of joy is adorable. So exciting to have her around for her first Christmas! I Love It's A Wonderful Life Too!
    Happy PS
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  23. She is so cute and what a wonderful early Christmas present she is.

    I also love that movie.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Sandi.. She's absolutely beautiful!!! I'm so very happy for you and all your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. She's perfect!

    Happy PS!
    In Shoes We Trust,
    Maggie Mae @
    "Do these shoes match this purse?"

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh congrats of your new beautiful granddaughter Sandi!! What a wonderful pink to show today!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Dear Sandi ~ Oh what a joyous occassion - the birth of your beautiful granddaughter. Congratulations to all of you ~ she is a precious gift! It really IS a Wonderful Life, isn't it? BTW - my favourite Christmas movie too, hands down! Thank you for your ongoing kindness & support! xox

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.