Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Can Anyone Help Me?

Good morning friends~ I hope you're all enjoying your day!


I wonder if one of you lovely ladies out there could help me.
Ever since I removed the Word Verification thingy, I am overloaded with Spam. Could you tell me how to keep the Word Verification thing off but put a stop to the Anonymous comments? Sorry to those of you who are for real but I need to fix this thing!

Hope to see you later for my new HOME party!

PS~ Thank you ladies, I think I got it! I guess time will tell.

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

5 comments :

  1. Just go into your settings and turn anonymous comments off. Super simple. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,
    This is how I have mine set.
    Go to:
    Dashboard
    settings
    under settings go to settings again (it is orange) This is on the left column
    Go to post & Comments
    Under comments it will say:
    anyone
    registered user
    user with google account
    and only members of this blog
    Change it to:
    Registered User

    This will stop almost all spam
    Hope that helps!
    See ya later!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi: Sherry beat me to it..Hope it works for you..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sandi, I am so sorry you are getting spam - I allow anon comments and don't get spam - it's all in your computer firewalls that stop them, not blogger.

    We use Avast and highly recommend you making sure you're updated and have latest versions, etc.

    Stopping anon comments would mean anyone not having their own blog can't make comments - and so many wonderful readers would be cut off.

    Try making sure you are currently running a good spam control on your pc too.

    GL so sorry about your junk, sure hate that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not have that word verification but I have moderation of all comments so I read the comment and then publish it or delete it. I always publish the comments, unless something weird shows up, which is rare.

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.