Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 22 April 2013

A Bit of Fantasy for Tea Time Tuesday



"When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you." ~
Leigh Harline and Ned Washington for Walt Disney's 1940 adaptation of "Pinocchio"


Welcome to another Tea Time, my lovely friends~



With Spring transforming the world around us into a fairyland of new growth and delightful surprises each day, I am feeling in a bit of a playful mood. So please come in and join me as we take tea with the fairies.


While I was laid up the past several months, I did a lot of reading and one of the books I re-read was the old classic, Frances Hodgson Burnett's, The Secret Garden. 


It is probably one of the reasons why I felt inspired to do this tea today; something fun and fanciful.


"To play is to yield oneself to a kind of magic." ~ Hugo Rahner



This little fairy is serving us Swiss cheese. Isn't she adorable! 

Breena is here. I think most of you are acquainted with this little fairy dressed in pink.



My fairy teapot is holding a lovely raspberry and apple tea.



"Would you like an adventure now, or shall we have our tea first?" ~ Peter Pan

Colclough teacup made in England.


Roslyn Moss Rose made in England. 


My Grace Violets teacup. 

"All you need is Faith, Trust, and a little bit of Pixie Dust." ~ Tinkerbell

Oops, I think this little fairy has slipped off into dreamland.

I am serving Lemon tarts on my 'new to me' plate.


Can you see the birdies? We will pretend they are the robins in "The Secret Garden."

"Nothing in the world is quite as adorably lovely as a robin when he shows off and they are nearly always doing it." ~ Frances Hodgson Burnett - "The Secret Garden"



This is my little robin who hangs in the kitchen window. I always enjoy seeing his friends, the first robins of springtime, hopping about our yard.

There is a lovely rose in the center of the plate. 


This lovely vintage plate is Birbeck Rose made in England by George Jones & Sons. I would dearly love to find the matching teacup!


"Where you tend a rose my lad, a thistle cannot grow." ~ Frances Hodgson Burnett - "The Secret Garden"


The good thing about having a pot of lemon pie filling is you can use it in many different ways.
These lemon tarts are a scrumptious mixture of lemon pie filling with whipped cream folded in. That is real whipped cream, not Cool Whip! 



Any one would enjoy nibbling on one of these, including the fairies.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~ George Bernard Shaw



My little lavender turtle came out of his shell today and he, like the fairies, is admiring the pink tulips which grace the table. 


"When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." ~ J.M. Barrie - "Peter Pan"

Fairies like to play in the flowers. I think we all become like children and fairies in a garden, don't you think? A garden is simply magical!



"Love and friendship are the best sweetners of tea." ~ Author unknown


Old lace and linen. The lace trimmed hanky is very old and was given to me by a good friend years ago. The lace edged tablecloth is also a gift from a friend.







Several of the pieces you see today I found at Lori's antique shop, "Time Worn Treasures and Antiques," in Charlottetown. She has a blog which you can check out here.

"It is a happy talent to know how to play." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I hope you have enjoyed my wee bit of Fantasy Tea today. If you have something tea related, a favourite teacup or teapot please join me by linking up below. You may also share a coffee mug or a tablescape if you wish. I would be happy to come and visit you.

Have a beautiful day filled with joy and maybe look for a wee bit of magic in the little things!



"This is the day which the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it." ~ Psalm 118:24


To be sure everyone has a visit, it would be nice if you visited the participant before and after your name.

As a courtesy, please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

Bernideen and Ruth are both on a Spring break so I am joining these parties this week ~


Amaze Me Monday
A Return to Loveliness
Tea Cup Tuesday
Tea Cup Tuesday
Homemaking Link up
Pearls and Lace Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Cottage Style Linky Party
Home Sweet Home



Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

40 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi,

    Your blog is always so lovely to visit - thank you for being such a wonderful hostess! Your tea time today is very whimsical and charming :)

    I hope you are doing well, dear friend!

    Love and hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pretty fairies Sandi! Thank you for hosting our tea time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi...trying to get back to blogging after a busy stretch. Glad to hear your are better. LOVE the fairies.
    Hugs....Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sandi,
    What a wonderful, wonderful post. I don't know where to begin-I love that book. Love your whimsy with your fairy friends. Two things I ADORE is that teapot and that new to you plate. Wow, what a pretty one.
    What a joy to see all this today. Thank you,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post, today. The fairy teapot is so precious and is my favorite of yours. You have the sweetest fairies and the tea cups and saucers are so lovely next to them. Hope you enjoy your tarts at tea time.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to mention and must add...
    Love your linen, lace and silver picture too. Also, your quotes. You are feeling much better now, aren't you?
    Do you have a favorite movie version of The Secret Garden? There have been several including the version on Broadway which I saw and loved.
    xo Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi,
    I can't believe I am among the first to post my tea time. I have been away for awhile and really missed your tea time. Your tribute to The Secret Garden is fabulous. Love your fairies! Your colclough teacup, and new vintage plate is beautiful. Thanks for hosting. Have a wonderful day.
    hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! A fairie tea is truly lovely and inspiring.
    The little tarts look scrumptious ~ and yeah no cool whip!!
    Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your whimsical tea, dear Sandi! The fairy teapot is one of my favorites and looks so pretty with your teacups. I'd love one of those tiny tarts for tea today. At least I get a virtual taste!! Thank you for hosting. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Secret Garden and The Flower Fairies, just perfect summertime reading. I love your flower fairy teapot. Thank you for inviting us around for your tea party. Take care. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty post today with the fairies. The china and the tarts are beautiful. Enjoy the week! Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sandi,
    Gorgeous post - Love your fairy/garden inspired tea. These teacups are beautiful - I do love that story - so well worth reading over and over. I do appreciate you sharing and hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magic, magic .. everywhere, Magic! Love all your little fairies and your wonderful fairy teapot. I love lemon anything -- I'll take a tart! Wishing upon a star! Happy Tea Day and thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful post Sandi! Your little pies look delicious.

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Sandi...Your little fairies are so utterly delightful. Each photo is a vision of loveliness.

    Thanks for sharing with us! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post as always, with such sweet and beautiful china. The fairies are adorable Sandi and makes your entire setting so whimsical..which I love! Thank you for hosting and I'm so happy to hear you're feeling so much better, sweetie! Have a blessed week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Sandi
    I love having tea with fairies, they're whimsical and sweet little things. I adore the teapot, is it new?
    Your mini lemon tarts look delicious, and the perfect size to have with a cup of tea.
    Thanks for hosting.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sandi,
    Glad you are feeling better now. That is a lovely tea you prepared and the tarts would be lovely too.
    I love Lori's shop-always find treasures there.

    Thank you for hosting,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandi,
    What a beautiful tea! I think my favorite teapot is your lavender fairy one! So perfect for spring and summer. Your tarts look so lovely and yummy! Love all the wimsey! I'll be joining you for HOME in a couple of days.
    Blessings,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sandi ... your tea is always so much fun and inspiring. Today is especially inspiring ... your fairies and your tea pot are promising signs that spring is here... thanks for hosting and providing an opportunity for us to be inspired and to share. Blessings, C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet post. You have such a nice collection of fairies. I wonder where you keep them when they are not joining you for tea? I love your china today and your treats are perfect, just the right size. I'll be back tomorrow to join in with your tea-party. Thanks for hosting again, Sandi. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just what we needed Sandi! Some fantasy to focus on...and a fairy tea is a great idea! I would love to join in. Your cups are pretty as ever and your company couldn't be more magical.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the pink teacup with the glittery starfish!

    Little Breena is becoming a dear fairy to me. What adventures she must have in your home.

    Thank-you for hosting this tea time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the pink teacup with the glittery starfish!

    Little Breena is becoming a dear fairy to me. What adventures she must have in your home.

    Thank-you for hosting this tea time.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Sandie,
    Such a romantic beautiful post.
    My mother told me fairy tale stories and read from books and took me to fairyland, probably since i was born.. I beilieve they are all around us.
    Your post today is so so lovely
    Thank you for inviting me to tea.
    It all looks so scrumptious...cant resist.
    Happy days..and fairy dreams.
    val xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Sandi,
    So glad your feeling better. I love your sea star in that teacup! Just beautiful! Thank you for hosting and for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sandi,
    what a charming Tea again. I become also in a fairy mood, when I see all the lovely vignettes. The little fairies are cute and your china is so beautiful. The Birbeck Rose plate is truely breath taking. I wish you so to find matching items. I had never seen this pattern before. The tea pot is so nice, too. And you added so lovely items like the violets tea cup and the lavender turtle. Thank you for sharing tea, yummy Lemon tartelettes and your unique way of hospitality.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  28. We all need to engage in a bit of fantasy from time to time. Love all of your fairies, particularly that fairy tea pot.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  29. SO much beauty! I swoon looking at all your pretty teacups! It's been a while since I've been able to stop by but happy to see you're still here!~TJ

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the fairies with the teacups. Delightful post. I would love to join the party but not prepared sad to say. maybe next time.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is all so lovely and fairy tale-ish. Oh, now I miss our garden robin in my home in England. Here in Vancouver our robins are big thrushes and not cute little finches. But I love them anyway. Your Colclough tea cup is spectacular Sandi, and the flower fairy tea pot is precious. Thank you so much for hosting again. I love to visit all the wonderful gals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Sandi
    My fairies and I are joining you for the first time today!
    I've also become your newest follower.

    What a magical post for a fairy lover, the sweet little fairy tea pot caught my eye first.
    The one of my fairies fell in love with your lavender turtle - she wants one too!!!
    All your quotes are perfect
    this is such a delightful post - thank you for hosting Tea Time Tuesday - we all enjoyed the party!!

    Hugs
    Shane ♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh Sandi, Teatime Tuesday de-stresses me every time. It's better than medicine! It's like therapy with tea.

    Have a beautiful day! I'm looking for the Wed party- don't want to miss it!

    Linda at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ahhhhhh the delicate, girly colors and equally appealing tea cups I especially love the Violets..hv several could always use more .
    I am FOLLOWING and connecting by way of Jann Olson's site..thanks for making my day.

    Jonell
    Like Gramma's House blog

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a sweet tea with all your precious fairies! So happy the turtle came out of his shell (so cute). Beautiful tea cups and your tarts looks YUMMY!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your teawares! Very cute! I am a new follower from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and hopefully want to follow me back! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sandi, you always have the prettiest and sweetest pieces to share! I love how you mixed so many different sets to make your fairy tea so beautiful! My fave is the turtle!! And the pink and gold cup and saucer....AND the lemon tart..with REAL whipped cream!!! Oh my mouth is watering!!!
    Thanks so much for coming by my party and sharing!!
    Blessings to you,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sandi, I love your sweet little faries. How cute is the one sleeping? The teapot is darling also. Tarts are on of my favorite sweets. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hello Sandy!
    I love the Cicely Mary Barker Lavender Fairy Teapot! Which company makes it? I am searching for one, but can only find the rose one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nibradaigh! I am sorry but there is no marker on the teapot. But thank you for stopping by for a visit.

      Delete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.